Visit Maddy daily as she dishes on school, family, friends and events! She wants your reactions so please leave your comments
RSS

Friday, January 15, 2010

I'M SO SAD FOR THE CHILDREN IN HAITI

This morning at breakfast, grandma showed me pictures of the earthquake in Haiti.  I felt so sad! There was a little girl with blood and bandages on her.  The little boy in the photo here is okay:



But grandma says a school collapsed and at least 75 children might have died. That makes me cry.  I'm so warm and happy in my classroom at school. I can eat lunch. I can go out to play at recess even though it's cold and we have snow everywhere.  Grandma found this photo of a church and school in Haiti now:





I can't believe there might be children under there.


When I was eating breakfast yesterday, I left my crusts on my plate. Grandma looked cranky. She said "Why aren't you eating your crusts?" I said "I don't know. They're too hard?" Grandma said "There are children in Haiti with nothing to eat Madison! If they saw your crusts, they'd be fighting to get them like sea-gulls on a beach!" Now that made me feel really bad.


Did you see how she called me "MADISON" that time?

1 comment:

  1. How can one be sure that such things dont happen in tribal areas of India or during tsunami like situations?

    ReplyDelete